100 posts, 23,000 views from 119 countries!?! Wow! One year ends, another year begins. This time always comes every year when we look back on all that made us feel happy, sad, and like jumping up and down in sheer joy and excitement. Believe it or not, SonoSpot started just a meer 7 months ago, and it has been a place where we can share, highlight, and illustrate all aspects of bedside ultrasound – through our blog, twitter newsfeed, and facebook posts. With every post, comment, debate, and communication you should picture me jumping up and down because I get to do what I love – work with amazing people, educate and learn from others (and that includes all of you who post/tweet/blog/podcast/hangout/etc – thanks for making me smarter), and spread the gospel of ‘sound to the masses! It has been a true pleasure, and I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the support.
2012 annual report for SonoSpot. These numbers are huge to me – blows my mind, actually. Now, I know others are in the millions, as they should be – they are incredibly amazing – they are all like mama and papa bears to me (the brown-haired step child), but starting with this kind of support makes me giggle and shake in excitement! And, it wouldn’t be possible without you. Thank you so much! – for reading, for sharing, for wanting to learn bedside ultrasound – and a huge thanks to all those who educate/research/share their cases/experiences with it as well. i will continue to highlight your work always.
“You complete me.” – Tom Cruise in Jerry Maguire
In just a short 7 months:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 23,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 5 Film Festivals.
In 2012, there were 100 new posts, not bad for the first year! The busiest day of the year was August 15th with 352 views. The most popular post that day was SonoStudies: Ultrasound First for Appendicitis, the gift that keeps on giving…..
119 countries in all! Most visitors came from The United States. Australia & Canada were not far behind.
Attractions in 2012
These are the posts that got the most views in 2012.
- 1 SonoCase: Pediatric lower abdominal bulge? What the…? May 2012
- 2 SonoCase: 25 yr old positional, pleuritic, chest pain. “It’s just pericarditis” Really? June 2012
- 3 SonoApp: Lung Ultrasound – The down low of pneumo…with the help of Lichtenstein, of course June 2012
- 4 SonoProcedures: Review of ultrasound-guided procedures, technique, and videos December 2012
- 5 SonoCase: 60 yr old male, lethargic, respiratory distress, shock – “RUSH” to bedside August 2012
In 2013 SonoSpot hopes to bring you even more:
– Complete SonoTutorials on all applications for bedside ultrasound
– SonoReference lists linking back to the research study
– SonoLectures – a 5 minute review of each application
– Advance and enhance the SonoMedStudent and SonoGlobalHealth sections
– and more SonoCases, SonoStudies, SonoTips&Tricks that show how bedside ultrasound can quicken diagnoses, change management, and save a life.